Managing Director, Joint Head of Hotels & Hospitality Valuation Advisory - Asia Pacific
Julian has been in practice since 1991 and is an established hotels and hospitality property consultant Valuer and Chartered Surveyor. His experience within the hotels and leisure sector spans three continents having completed assignments across Asia, Europe, Australia and the South Pacific.
Based in Brisbane, Julian is Managing Director and Joint Head of JLL’s National Hotels & Hospitality Valuation Advisory division. The division is a preferred service provider for valuation and consultancy services relating to hotel accommodation, licensed premises (pubs/taverns) and other specialist leisure properties (such as theme parks and casinos). Julian is also spearheading JLL’s national capability with regards to Venues and Attractions. Julian and his team have completed assignments for banking institutions active in the State and Nationally as well as numerous owners, investors and developers.
Transactional advisory/consulting services. Regulated purpose valuations and related consultancy Cash flow forecasting and analysis; and Development appraisal and market analysis;
Julian has an extensive track record: having worked on a large number of hospitality projects globally. Examples of the advice Julian provides is summarised below:
- Strategic advice including market and valuation related consultancy in relation to a range of hospitality products ranging from boutique hotel and resorts, major city centre hotel accommodation operations, casinos and licensed premises (pubs/taverns) as well as Venues and Attractions of scale.
- Input and direction in relation to ownership and operating structure in the context of ongoing asset management and transaction advisory services. Advice has regularly been provided in relation to the review of proposed transactional commercial terms, operating arrangements and the operator selection process.
- Portfolio and single-asset valuations throughout Australia, Asia, the Pacific and Europe for a range of lenders/financial institutions, operators, developers and multi-national investment companies.
- The assessment of landmark and trophy hotels assets managed by numerous first tier management companies.
- The valuation of complex leisure assets (including Venues & Attractions), such as theme parks/tourism attractions, destination resorts, casinos and licenced premises and stadiums of scale.
Education and Affiliations
- Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS).
- Fellow of the Australian Property Institute and Certified Practising Valuer (FAPI).
- RICS Registered Valuer.
- Fellow of Hospitality Professionals Association (FHOSPA).
- Permitted to value in all Australian States and Territories.
- BSc. (Hons); Estate Management, South Bank University, London.
- Action Group
- Anthony John Group
- Event Hospitality Group
- Ardent Leisure
- BG Investment Holdings
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Casino’s Austria
- Charter Hall
- Erdi Group
- Ernst & Young
- Flight Centre
- Grand Chancellor
- Grand Hotel Group
- Hamilton Island
- Hines Property Group
- InterContinental Hotels
- Kenlynn Properties
- Macquarie Bank
- Mirvac Funds Group
- National Australia Bank
- Scott Flynn Properties
- Shayher Group
- Shen Investments
- Star Entertainment Group
- St George
- UOL Group Limited