Transport for NSW (TfNSW)
Sydney Metro & City West
A new 30-kilometre metro line extending the existing rail from the end of Sydney metro Northwest at Chatswood under Sydney Harbour, through new central business district (CBD) stations and south west to Bankstown.
A highly complex and significant infrastructure project, being Australian’s largest public transport infrastructure development. The JLL team acted on behalf of TfNSW, managing negotiating access and acquisition along with the compulsory acquisition of land and interests in land. The project has a total value of $12 billion, which comprised a property acquisition budget in excess of $2 billion.
Key Services Provided
The JLL project team has provided a broad range of access, acquisition and compensation advisory services to the project, including:
- Landholder liaison and negotiations
- Landowner and property profiling
- Budgeting and cost estimation
- Negotiate acquisition of and interest in land, tenant relocations
- Coordination of compulsory acquisition campaigns and internal advice based on practice experience of the Act
- Valuers conference and mediation
- Coordination of third-party professionals (valuation, QS, legal, planning)
- Stakeholder engagement & management (LPI, Councils, Utilities)
- Manage vacant possession delivery of tenancies