Australian Hotel Market Highlights – 1H 2023
Australian hotel market continues to see a strong recovery across the board.
- Kyle Wheatley
The strong recovery in Australian hotel market has highlighted the strength and attractiveness of the market’s fundamentals. The steady rebound in corporate and MICE segments as well as inbound demand is expected to support the further growth of the country’s diverse city and regional hotel markets.
As has been evident over the first half of the year, the following key themes across hotel trading, new supply, transactions and debt, are anticipated to continue shaping the market in the short to medium term:
- Visitor arrivals continue to improve, driving hotel trading
- RevPAR surpassed pre-COVID levels, owing to strength in ADR’s
- Unprecedented supply cycle coming to an end
- Despite current headwinds, investment activity remains strong
- RBA tightening policy continues, however market expectation is close to rate peak
Download the latest report as it explores these themes further.