74% of businesses are likely to pay a premium for green credentials yet only 12% of office assets by number in Australia have a rating as good or better than 5-stars.
With the built environment accounting for 40% of carbon emissions, sustainability has to be at the heart of asset repositioning to create places that genuinely meet future consumer needs. Asset repositioning must be centred on making sure that places and assets are future proof, providing healthy environments and improving communities, as well as offering solid investment opportunities.
Now is the time for investors to deploy capital into upgrading and repositioning existing assets.
We can help you improve the performance of your assets, reduce operating cost and ultimately increase revenue.
A holistic approach so you can make faster and smarter decisions
We help our clients estimate qualitatively and quantitively, and work closely with our global research teams to look at future demand and value drivers.
- We evaluate the performance of the existing building across a range of factors to create a baseline
- We compare the baseline performance with existing competitor buildings, new buildings and market demand to identify and quantify the performance gaps
- We model the potential upside in financial performance that come from closing these gaps
Our tailored solution considers every angle to close the gaps and deliver the best return on investment.
- We evaluate and benchmark the performance of your asset, and then compare it with existing (and future) market leading buildings
- We undertake a gap analysis and through a process of financial modelling, sensitivity analysis and scenario planning, we arrive at the solution that best meets your aspirations for the asset
- Solutions can range from light touch refurbishments to more extensive upgrades (amenities, sustainability, technology, operational performance), repositioning (new brand, placemaking, tenant mix) and repurposing (partial or complete change of use) and even redevelopment
- We prepare an appropriate phasing plan, and procure and implement the works efficiently to avoid disturbance to existing tenants
- We then help our clients to market the enhanced building and maximise improved leasing opportunities
- We also help our clients with operations and maintenance to enhance the entire tenant experience
Finally, we help our clients to sell the asset for capital gain, or hold the asset for increased and sustainable rental income.
1 of 3
Hear from James Peterson, our Head of Investor Solutions - AustraliaWork with JLL to find innovative and proactive solutions for your portfolio.
2 of 3
Our Head of ESG, Capital Markets - Australia, Caitlin Uren discusses the recent impact of ESG on the property market.Work with JLL to effectively reposition and future-proof your assets.
3 of 3
7 Ways to retrofit buildings for energy efficiencyRetrofitting represents one of the best opportunities to improve the environment in our cities. Two-thirds of the buildings that exist today will still be standing in 2050, and since buildings account for as much as 70% of a city’s carbon emissions, the opportunity to retrofit existing real estate is vast
We can reposition your asset via
Strategies informed by deep understanding of future demand
We have a team of 480+ global specialists in cross-market dynamics producing unique insights into current and future real estate trends. Our strategies are user-centric, geographically relevant and futureproofed.
Australia's largest property focused ESG team
40+ sustainability experts work seamlessly with our construction and project management team, property managers, leasing, sales and valuations experts to provide solutions tailored to your asset.
1 of 4
What green leases mean for ageing buildingsAs green leases fuel the demand for greener buildings, what are the implications for owners of ageing, energy-inefficient assets?
2 of 4
Understanding the impact of mechanisation and automationHow will mechanisation and automation solutions affect asset value and returns of industrial and logistics facilities? Learn more from our latest report.
3 of 4
What are the strategic priorities for data centres?Data centre providers are focusing on ESG strategies more than ever before. Why is it a top priority and how does it impact investors, landlords, and developers? Get the insights from our latest report.
4 of 4
Get insights on enhancing value in aging real estateIn this guide we identify key trends, new value drivers and asset enhancement strategies for a number of different asset classes, as well as look at the most effective approaches for how to unlock additional value from existing assets.