Veteran Engagement Program
We are dedicated to offering veterans and their spouses from all ranks and services a successful civilian career as they transition out of the military. We recognise and appreciate the skills acquired in their service careers as vital and transferable to our workforce.
Training for HR staff and Hiring Managers to help Veterans applying to any JLL role to translate their experience and be competitive in job interview process
What does JLL’s Program consist of?
We’re a global commercial real estate services company working to shape the future of real estate for a better world.
We’re proud to service public and private sectors by providing leading facilities management, project management and real estate services to help organisations achieve their ambitions.
Vision: Our ambition
Be the first-choice employer Australia wide for veterans and families of veterans seeking to transition into the civilian workforce.
Mission: What we do
Our Veterans Program supports veterans and families of veterans transitioning into and working within the civilian workforce. It is veteran centric and is based on providing a rewarding and engaging career path in an organisation underpinned by a supportive, diverse and inclusive culture.
Job Ads being advertised through SoldierOn as well as usual locations like Seek and LinkedIn. This means SoldierOn can proactively approach candidates and can offer support in the application process
JLL offers support for veterans across all positions, including training, mentoring and employer support services for partners
Updated HR documentation to reflect externally to candidates, and internally to HR and Hiring Managers, the priority focus of Veterans as well as help in the translation of military service into the JLL job interview processes
Training for HR and Hiring Managers in recruiting Veterans including understanding military roles and terminology, being able to ask interview questions that draw out transferable skills and being able to translate military experience into JLL job requirements
Veteran Reference Committee made of Veterans and supportive staff currently working within JLL – they will oversee the Program and ensure it is working effectively to aid the recruitment and retention of Veterans
Improve reporting capability during recruitment and normal business operations of Veterans status of staff
Broad support of Veteran community through engagement with SoldierOn including attendance at Pathways events
Meet our people
1 of 3
Trent Morrissey, Account Director, Federal Government Business - Work Dynamics
It has been more than 15 years since Trent moved from the military to civilian life, but the resilience he developed in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) has been key to his success in corporate roles.
2 of 3
Mitch Carolan, Director PDS Projects – Work Dynamics
Watch how Mitch, a project director and state operations manager at Work Dynamics, is using the skills and experience he acquired in the air force to succeed at JLL.
3 of 3
Chris McClory, Relationship Director – Work Dynamics
In this video, Chris discusses his involvement with the Veteran Engagement Program since its inception, recognising the valuable skills veterans can bring to your organisation.
1 of 2
SoldierOn Platinum Pledge PartnerIn 2022, JLL launched their Veteran’s Engagement Program in collaboration with SoldierOn’s Pathway Program. We are proud to support the recruitment and workforce participation of veterans and their spouses, as well as guide and equip them for their desired employment pathway by helping them recognise their skills and values that relate to the civilian workplace.
2 of 2
JLL are proud supporters of the Prime Minister’s Veterans’ Employment ProgramIn 2021, we signed the Veterans’ Employment Commitment - an initiative of the Prime Minister’s Veterans’ Employment Program, where we committed to support veterans and their families to create another long-term meaningful career option.
Resource Hub: FAQs
All veterans who have served one or more days in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and their immediate family members.
- Veterans have an extensive range of skills, abilities and attributes that make them valuable employees, including leadership, organisational skills, and resilience. These skills are easily transferable from the ADF to civilian workplaces.
- Families of veterans play a critical role in supporting their spouse or family members in their service. They bring flexibility and resilience as well as key skills to obtain stable, meaningful employment.
- What is missing for some veterans and their families, is the ability to translate these skills into a language the business world can understand. That is where the JLL Veteran Engagement Program comes in.
- The JLL Veteran Engagement Program is linked with SoldierOn who offer a variety of free and subsidised courses and qualifications. We encourage you to view their website for more information.
- Many JLL job descriptions note that you can hold the requested qualification or have equivalent experience. We would encourage you to reach out to any of the JLL Veteran Engagement Program ambassadors for a coffee chat to explore this further. Our ambassadors have received training on how to link transferable skills gained from time in the ADF to the appropriate JLL role, which will help you understand where you are best suited.
JLL has an average of 200 jobs open every day across Australia that align to the skillset of transitioning ADF members. We encourage you to visit the JLL website for the full list of vacant roles.
We would encourage you to reach out to any of the JLL Veteran Engagement Program ambassadors for a coffee chat to explore the jobs available within JLL, what a day in each job would look like, and what may suit you best.
They will schedule in a call or face to face catch up to understand more about you and your career ambitions, as well as share information about JLL and the roles that are open.