The Westin Darwin - Hotel and Residential Development
We were appointed by Landbridge to provide hotel project management services for the construction of the iconic Westin Darwin Hotel
Darwin, Northern Territory Australia
200 hotel rooms and 24 residential units
Landbridge Group’s vision for the Westin Darwin is to create an iconic tropical hotel that will connect the city to the water, completing the Waterfront precinct as Darwin’s premier destination for leisure, lifestyle and connection to nature.
We were appointed by Landbridge to provide hotel project management services for the construction of the iconic Westin Darwin Hotel.
JLL is working to deliver an end-to-end hotel construction, utilising our multi-disciplinary expertise across our Asset Management and Project and Development Services teams.
The hotel design features
- 200 rooms
- Function and events areas designed to maximise views of the water, including an executive lounge and ball room
- Resort style rooftop pool
- Iconic rooftop bar and a Westin luxury spa open to the public
- Contemporary façade design including the use of natural elements comprising of metal, timber and stonework
- Multifunctional sea wall with accessible waterfront public pathway along the complete length of the site
- Lush tropical landscaped grounds with water features to create cool shaded grounds which complement the hotel’s terraces, breezeways and verandas
- A skywalk, with connection from the CBD to the Western (Goyder Park) end if the waterfront and hotel rooftop facilities, including a spectacular 360 view
The first stage of construction works commenced in April 2019. The completion of the hotel is anticipated in late 2022/early 2023. An off-site prototype of the standard guestrooms has been completed.